A woman who knew Diego Maradona has accused him of raping her when she was just 17.
Cuban Mavys Alvarez alleges that the sex attack happened as her tearful mum tried to get into the house where she was staying with the soccer legend when he refused to open the door.
Her allegation comes less than a week before the first anniversary of the football icon's death from heart failure at a rented mansion on the outskirts of Buenos Aires.
Alvarez had alleged earlier this year that Maradona seduced her when she was just 16 and got her hooked on cocaine.
She also alleges she was bullied her into having a boob job, and her allegations have already sparked an ongoing human trafficking case in Argentina against five of the late icon’s entourage while he was in Cuba two decades ago recovering from drug addiction.
The 37-year-old blonde described the 2001 “rape” in the Cuban capital La Havana as the worst moment she experienced with Maradona.
She told Argentinian news website Infobae as she fought back tears in an emotional interview: “My mum came to see me at the house where we were and Diego didn’t want to open the door.
“My mum knocked on the door to our room and he put his hand over my mouth so I didn’t say anything and sexually assaulted me.
“I don’t know why he did it. Maybe it made him horny.
“Diego never opened the door. My mum was knocking and knocking and was crying behind the door because she knew we were there.
Don't miss a thing with our football updates!
Want to be on the ball with all of the latest football news?
Well then sign up for the brilliant Daily Star football email newsletter!
From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox – don't miss a thing.
How do you sign up?
It only takes a matter of seconds.
Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit 'subscribe'.
And that's it, job done. You'll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning.
You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.
“He was whispering to me, ‘Shut your mouth, shut your mouth.’”
Earlier this year Mavys broke a 20-year silence to reveal Maradona, 60, when he died on November 25 last year shortly after a brain blood clot op, had assaulted her “many times” during their relationship while he was living on the Caribbean island.
The former Barcelona and Napoli star spent four years in Cuba between 2000 and 2004 while he tried to beat his cocaine addiction following a personal invitation from Fidel Castro.
She told TV station America TeVe in a series of interviews screened in late September: “One of the times he hit me was the time I picked up the phone and it was Diego’s wife Claudia Villafane.
“I answered the phone because he always told me they weren’t together, that they were separated and were getting divorced.
“When I was passing the phone to Diego, he threw it against the floor and slapped me and pushed me against the bed. I experienced that moment and many more.”
Describing how she engaged on a three-year relationship with the late footballer when she was 16 and he had turned 40 and got hooked on cocaine shortly after trying the drug to “please him”, she added: “I was a girl. I wasn't bad. He was a rich foreigner, and he picked me out. I couldn't say no. It felt a privilege at the time.”
The ongoing traffic case sparked by Alvarez’s allegations she was taken to Buenos Aires as a minor without her parents’ consent, during a trip where she had her boob job and says she was kept “prisoner” in hotels, is being conducted separately from the criminal probe linked to Maradona’s untimely death.
Seven people including the football star’s doctor Leopoldo Luque and psychiatrist Agustina Cosachov have been warned they may face trial over the tragic finale to his soap opera life on and off the pitch.
The criminal investigation launched shortly after Maradona was found lifeless in bed was initially classified as a manslaughter probe.
It was reclassified as a homicide investigation following a damning report by a medical board which concluded Maradona’s care team acted “inadequately, deficiently and recklessly.”
A conviction would carry a prison sentence of between eight and 25 years until Argentinian law if the health professionals under the microscope were found guilty of acting in a way they knew could lead to someone’s death but did nothing to avoid it.
Luque, who denies wrongdoing, broke down in tears days after Maradona’s shock death following a search of his home near Buenos Aires and claimed: “If I’m responsible for anything when it comes to Diego, it was loving him, caring for him, improving his life to the end and extending it.”
Source: Read Full Article