Manchester United: Cristiano Ronaldo slams the Glazers
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Manchester United have begun to deal with Cristiano Ronaldo’s explosive interview with Piers Morgan after releasing an ominous follow-up statement on Friday morning to confirm they were “initiating appropriate steps in response.” The Red Devils released an initial statement earlier this week.
“Manchester United has this morning initiated appropriate steps in response to Cristiano Ronaldo’s recent media interview,” the club explained in their second statement. “We will not be making further comment until this process reaches its conclusion.”
Ronaldo has fallen out of favour at Old Trafford under Erik ten Hag this season and has started just four of his side’s 14 Premier League matches. In October, the 37-year-old refused to come on as a late substitute when the Red Devils defeated Tottenham 2-0 and left the stadium before the match had come to an end.
He was subsequently dropped from the matchday squad when United travelled to Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea three days later, but has since captained his team in a 3-1 defeat to Aston Villa.
MUST READ: Man Utd keeper David de Gea involved in awkward text exchange after Spain World Cup snub
Ronaldo has cut a frustrated figure this season and sat down with Morgan after domestic football was paused ahead of the World Cup in Qatar. During the interview, Ronaldo claimed he felt “betrayed” by the Red Devils and hit out at ex-interim boss Ralf Rangnick, as well as current manager Erik ten Hag.
“If you’re not even a coach, how are you going to be the boss of Manchester United?” he said of Rangnick. “I’d never even heard of him.” And as he spoke about Ten Hag, Ronaldo added: “I don’t have respect for him because he doesn’t show respect for me. “If you don’t have respect for me, I’m never gonna have respect for you.”
When every Liverpool star will play at World Cup with fixture schedule
Mikel Arteta can use the World Cup to assess six Arsenal starlets
Cristiano Ronaldo misses Portugal World Cup training due to ‘bug’
Ronaldo also took aim at the Glazer family owners as he insisted: “The Glazers, they don’t care about the club. I mean, professional sport, as you know, Manchester is a marketing club. They will get money from the marketing – the sport, it’s, they don’t really care, in my opinion.
“The fans, they’re always right. I think the fans should know the truth, should know that the players want the best for the club. I want the best for the club. This is why I came to Manchester United.”
The interview has been tipped to finally bring Ronaldo’s United nightmare to an end after the World Cup and the player is now expected to leave the club in January. “Manchester United notes the media coverage regarding an interview by Cristiano Ronaldo,” the Red Devils said in their initial statement.” The club will consider its response after the full facts have been established.”
Source: Read Full Article