Jude Bellingham responds to claims he’s said he’s ‘Liverpool bound’ but then deletes tweet

Jurgen Klopp reviews Liverpool's 2-2 draw with Brighton

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Jude Bellingham has poured cold water on speculation suggesting he’s eyeing a move to Liverpool with his recent Twitter activity – though he quickly deleted his tweet. The midfield sensation has been linked with a Reds move after his explosive arrival onto the European football scene in recent years.

Earlier on Monday, ex-Premier League player Craig Hignett claimed he had been reliably told that Bellingham had chosen Liverpool as his next club.

He told BBC Radio Merseyside: “I’ve heard it on good authority, and I can’t say where I’ve heard it from, but apparently he has been saying that he is Liverpool bound.

“Whether that is in January or whether that is the end of the season isn’t sure yet, but I think I have it on good authority that it is almost a cert.”

But the 18-year-old has laughed off suggestions that his heart is already set on a move to Anfield.

JUST IN: Atletico star Luis Suarez vows to ‘exploit’ Liverpool ‘weaknesses’

Bellingham posted, and then deleted, a tweet in response to FourFourTwo claiming he had been going around revealing he would be playing for Liverpool next summer.

He quoted FourFourTwo with a GIF of him laughing, and many Liverpool fans were quick to screenshot it before its deletion.

Jude’s father, Mark, also responded to the initial tweet, unhappy with the uncredible nature of the report, which the Dortmund star retweeted in agreeance.

In a deleted tweet, he said: “Geezer in the pub reporting. Actually really disappointed. I thought you were supposed to be a more credible football publication.”

DON’T MISS

Jude Bellingham telling people he is ‘Liverpool bound’ in January
Chelsea may make January transfer decision that Tuchel may not like
Man Utd can sign their own Fabinho to correct costly Mourinho mistake

Dortmund chief Sebastian Kehl recently explained that interest in Bellingham – including from Liverpool – is welcome because it shows the club is working well.

“He is a Borussia Dortmund player and remains a Borussia Dortmund player,” Kehl told Sport1.

“There’s a lot of interest around Jude Bellingham, not only Liverpool. It’s good that we talk about our players. It shows that we are doing something right.

“We can offer a lot at Borussia Dortmund. We want to win titles, but we have to keep the guys for that.”

Since his 2020 arrival from Birmingham City, Bellingham has produced incredible performances in the Bundesliga and Champions League.

The England international is an integral part of Marco Rose’s plans and has registered three goals and six assists in 16 games this season.

Jurgen Klopp didn’t replace Gini Wijnaldum after his exit for PSG in the summer and could prioritise such a transfer at the end of the season.

And if he becomes available, Bellingham would pose as somewhat of a dream signing for many fans.

Source: Read Full Article