Eminem turned down a fortune to perform at the 2022 World Cup final in Qatar according to 50 Cent – who was willing to take a fraction of their pay packet to show.
The rap duo had a chance to perform after Lionel Messi and Argentina tasted glory in the Middle East and would have been financially rewarded to the tune of £7.5million.
Having been part of the iconic Super Bowl 56 show last year, 50 Cent opened up about the offer this week – which he was more than happy to agree to.
READ MORE: Salt Bae accused of 'stealing' World Cup trophy after Messi unknowingly lifted fake one
"Because of the Super Bowl, I got an inquiry about World Cup and they had a budget of $9million," he said on Real 92.3 show Big Boy's Neighborhood.
"I would’ve taken one and then the other eight would have been for him (Eminem)." He added of a conversation with Eminem's management: "They’re like, he’s not gonna do it."
50 concluded: "If you would do a one-off show, maybe you would do the biggest live sporting event in the world!"
What did you make of the World Cup in Qatar? Tell us in the comments section below
The match, in which Argentina beat France on penalties, was preceded by the closing ceremony of the tournament which had singing acts.
A collaboration took place between Puerto Rican singer Ozuna and French rapper Gims, with other performers including Rahma Riad, Nora Fatehi, Manal and Balqees.
Signing the national anthems were Argentine vocalist Lali Esposito and Egyptian Farrah Eldibany.
Among the artists who refused to perform at the World Cup in Qatar, which might well have been done to criticism of their Human Rights record and view over same-sex relationships, include Shakira, Dua Lipa and Rod Stewart.
Stewart told the Sunday Times: "They offered me a huge amount of money, over a million dollars for the performance.
"I turned it down because I don't think it's right to go to a country with those ideas and values."
Al-Nassr terminate World Cup hero's contract to allow Cristiano Ronaldo to play for them
Belgium 'flop' Roberto Martinez 'reaches agreement to become Portugal manager'
'I had steamy sex with Pele in forbidden bedroom and suffered miscarriage during fling'
Source: Read Full Article