Jude Bellingham has swiftly deleted a tweet he posted in response to reports that he had agreed to join Liverpool in next summer’s transfer window.
The 18-year-old has starred for Borussia Dortmund since joining the Bundesliga club from Birmingham City, helping them to win the DFB-Pokal in his first season in Germany.
He has continued to impress in his second campaign, becoming a first choice in the midfield of new Dortmund boss Marco Rose, scoring three goals and notching six assists.
His performances for the Black and Yellow have attracted the interest of many of Europe’s leading clubs, including Liverpool and Manchester United.
It had appeared that the Reds had moved to the front of the queue when reports emerged that suggested Bellingham had agreed a move to Anfield.
Dortmund chief Sebastian Kehl has previously confirmed that Liverpool are one of the clubs eyeing the England international.
Speculation intensified on Monday when former Leicester star Craig Hignett claimed an agreement was all but done.
“I think I've heard it on good authority and I can't say where I've heard it from, but apparently he has been saying that he is Liverpool bound,” Hignett told BBC Radio Merseyside.
Should Jude Belllingham leave Borussia Dortmund for Liverpool next summer? Let us know in the comments section…
Jurgen Klopp calls out body language of Liverpool players after Brighton slip-up
“Whether that is January or whether that is the end of the season isn't sure yet, but I think, I have it on good authority that it is almost a cert.”
But Bellingham appeared to laugh off those reports when he responded to a tweet of an article discussing his potential move to Anfield.
The Dortmund star posted a GIF of himself laughing in hysterics while on England duty to hint that the reports that he had agreed to join Liverpool were misplaced.
But he quickly deleted that tweet, leaving many Reds fans confused over a possible move.
Don't miss a thing with our football updates!
Want to be on the ball with all of the latest football news?
Well then sign up for the brilliant Daily Star football email newsletter!
From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox – don't miss a thing.
How do you sign up?
It only takes a matter of seconds.
Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit 'subscribe'.
And that's it, job done. You'll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning.
You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.
Dortmund chief Kehl has previously insisted that the Bundesliga side currently have no plans to sell Bellingham.
“He is a Borussia Dortmund player and remains a Borussia Dortmund player. There's a lot of interest around Jude Bellingham, not only Liverpool,” Kehl told Sport1.
“It's good that we talk about our players. It shows that we are doing something right. We can offer a lot at Borussia Dortmund. We want to win titles, but we have to keep the guys for that.”
Source: Read Full Article