Arsenal coach spotted listening to Mikel Arteta’s ‘furious reaction’ to red card

Arsenal coach Carlos Cuesta was spotted listening to Mikel Arteta's 'furious reaction' to Gabriel's red card during the Gunners' defeat to Manchester City.

Arteta was absent from the dugout on Saturday afternoon having been forced to watch from home after testing positive for Covid on Wednesday.

Instead, assistant manager Albert Stuivenberg took the reigns at the Emirates Stadium, while Cuesta was seen using headphones to communicate with Arteta during the match.

This allowed cameras to spot the moment Cuesta heard Arteta's reaction to Gabriel's second half sending off after the Brazilian picked up two yellow cards either side of City's equaliser.

Gabriel was first booked by referee Stuart Attwell for scuffing the penalty spot before Riyad Mahrez levelled for the visitors from 12 yards out.

Just moments later, he was given his marching orders after fouling Gabriel Jesus on the halfway line and leaving Arsenal having to play the last half an hour with 10 men.

Cameras then panned to Cuesta in the dugout, who was seen straining and looking awkward as he put his headphone back in to hear from Arteta.

Where will Arsenal finish in the Premier League this season? Let us know in the comments section below.

Don't miss a thing with our football updates!

Want to be on the ball with all of the latest football news?

Well then sign up for the brilliant Daily Star football email newsletter!

From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox – don't miss a thing.

How do you sign up?

It only takes a matter of seconds.

Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit 'subscribe'.

And that's it, job done. You'll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning.

You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.

His facial expression hinted that the Spanish boss may have been less than impressed at seeing his centre back get himself sent off at a crucial time in the match.

Arsenal had come close to scoring moments before the dismissal, with Nathan Ake clearing the ball off the line after a mix-up in the City defence.

Then, with the goal gaping, Gabriel Martinelli was unable to score from the rebound and re-establish the Gunners' lead.

This miss came back to haunt Arteta's side, as City snatched a winner three minutes into stoppage time through Rodri to break Arsenal hearts.

Luckily for Arsenal, Arteta is set to be back on the touchline for Thursday night's Carabao Cup semi-final first leg at home to Liverpool, provided he returns a negative Covid test.

Source: Read Full Article