The Arizona Cardinals managed to win on the road in Week 9 without a collection of key players, and they’re getting one back in time for Week 10.
A.J. Green has been activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list ahead of Arizona’s Thursday practice, according to the team.
Green missed Arizona’s Week 9 win over San Francisco while on the list, leaving the Cardinals without their top two pass-catchers (DeAndre Hopkins sat out due to a hamstring injury) and starting quarterback Kyler Murray (ankle). Behind a short-passing effort from Colt McCoy, the Cardinals cruised to a 31-17 win over the 49ers.
Green has been a welcome addition to the Cardinals in his first season in the desert, catching 29 passes for 456 yards and three touchdowns in his first eight games. Arizona will be happy to have him back in time to host the Panthers. The status for his notable teammates isn’t as clear. Murray and Hopkins, as well as wideout Rondale Moore, were not spotted during the open portion of Thursday’s practice.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Antonio Brown was out of his walking boot and working on the side Thursday during the open portion of practice. Coach Bruce Arians said he doubts that tight end Rob Gronkowski (back) will play Sunday versus Washington “We think in about two or three weeks, he’ll be back to normal,” Arians said. “We think that next week is a better timeframe for him. We kind of pushed it with the New Orleans thing. I want him ready to go the whole distance when we’re ready to go.”
- Green Bay Packers coach Matt LaFleur said cornerback Jaire Alexander has been around the facility a lot and his recovery is going well but “it’s still a long way out.” Alexander was placed on injured reserve in early October but elected not to have season-ending surgery.
- Dallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory sustained a calf injury on Wednesday and is expected to miss multiple weeks, per coach Mike McCarthy.
- Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt said “there’s still a chance” running back Nick Chubb, who was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list after testing positive earlier in the week, plays Sunday versus the Patriots.
- The Buffalo Bills activated quarterback Jake Fromm and wide receiver Tanner Gentry from the reserve/Covid-19 list and placed defensive tackle Justin Zimmer on IR.
- Jacksonville Jaguars running back James Robinson (heel) is practicing Thursday after sitting out the day prior.
- The Carolina Panthers agreed to terms on a one-year deal to bring back quarterback Cam Newton.
- The Buffalo Bills signed cornerback Cam Lewis from the practice squad. Quarterback Davis Webb will be elevated from the practice squad for Sunday’s game against the Jets.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers signed linebacker Jacob Tuioti-Mariner to the practice squad.
Source: Read Full Article